Saturday 9 January 2010

aRCe: Poetry

I'm currently in the process of creating a poetry book which I've tentatively called "The thoughts of one, feelings of many". It's been in development for the past year and a bit and I hope to have a physical first draft by June. I've been writing poetry for the last 10 years and I now feel it's time to show people. The first poem I'm going to try and get published is called "Hero", it's nearly finished and I've had positive feedback from the few that have read it.
This book is more than just a lot of random writing, I've been constantly researching what makes a good book, what type of things the public like and why they like what they do. I'm trying to bring poetry to the 15 - 30 age bracket as right now there isn't really anybody doing that except from my favourite poet Laura Dockrill (http://www.myspace.com/lauradockrill)